I have never been a “fit” person. Always active, I love sports, competition, however in the past few years, by body has given out on me making this more difficult… plus my love of food. Regardless of this, I am going to begin focusing more on this part of my life, being more intentional.
Ph – 7
- Exercise 3 times/week
- Weigh 220#
- Eat more salad and chicken (red meat 2x week max)
- Drink more water and tea ( cut out diet coke and all soda )
- In bed by 11pm 5 nights a week
How are you doing physically? Do you exercise regularly, get enough rest? Eating healthy?
How do you stay motivated in order to achieve your health goals?
I’ve been thinking about this a lot the past couple of days. I think it’s because I’ve lived in El Paso for 17 years now. I didn’t add this to the list, but I may… I think that I lack a consistent friendship. I have some friends that I know very well. That I believe I could tell anything if the occasion arose, but it feels that the relationships that I’ve had in the past seem to be slipping away. This may be a getting older deal, or busy with growing kids, but it’s something I’m going to spend more time thinking about and investigating.
Other than that, here are my goals for relationships this coming year.
Re – 5
– Date night with Anne 2 times a month
- Date night once a month with Abby
- Guys night once a month with Caleb
- Visit Scott in person
- Chile or Fishing / Hunting Trip
- Meet twice a month with a mentor / accountability partner
I don’t see spirituality as a sit around and think happy thoughts about the meaning of life. I believe that our spirituality should be played out in our daily lives…. if it only lives in the clouds what use does it have? What I believe has taken me across the globe and into the dirtiest ditches in our country. It has affected my life from since before I was born and very directly affected the past 20 years.
I am who I am because of it and Him… Jesus… the person that I model, as best I can, my life after.
Here are my goals for this year:
Sp – 6
- One international trip : Chile
- Prayer & Solitude 3 times/week
- Read 12 books / 6 ministry related books
- Read NT survey
- Write new and/or revise Psalm 23 study
Are you a spiritual person? How does that play out in your life? Is it something you pursue or is it something that you let happen to you?